Thursday, July 29, 2010

Inspirational people: My Man & Bitchcakes


 My husband!



 Two people really inspired me to try to make these lifestyle changes to improve my health and shape up my body: my husband, and another weight loss blogger, Ms. Bitchcakes.

My husband and I are well matched in most ways, including our physical attractiveness (to each other at least ;) and our larger sizes. But, my husband, Kristian, has recently lost 28 lbs. To me, his willpower seemed to come out of thin air. He started eating salads for dinner, oatmeal for lunch and things like nuts  or dry cereal for snacks. I pretty much stood back and watched, wary but proud. He's looking great!



The beautiful Sheryl from *Bitchcakes*


Then somehow, I'm not sure how, I stumbled across a link to *Bitchcakes*:a Neurotic Glamour Girl's Weight Watchers Experience and Fitness Adventures . Most likely if you're reading me, you already know her. We have never met, in fact, she has no idea who I am. But, her name is Sheryl, and she is a super inspiration. She recently weighed in at three lbs under her goal weight . Weeks ago, when I found her site, I was struck by her vintage style beauty, the fact that we're the same height, that she began at over 200 lbs and was always gorgeous, and that she started out with a vegetarian focus to her diet ( she is now a vegan). She records each of her weight watcher meetings, biking on her Hello Kitty cruiser, what she eats and much more. Her site is basically a gold mine if you need a little push in the right direction. I kept reading and reading her blog, and decided that if she can do such a smashing job of shaping up, then I can too!  XO, Sheryl. Keep writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment