Friday, October 22, 2010

Update: Trudging along & more Vintage clothing inspiration

It's been awhile since I wrote, but I'm soldiering on. A vacation to my parent's house and a little excess celebration after I returned have brought me back up to 207 lbs, but I'm fighting with myself to stick to my goals! Honestly, the changing season makes me want to eat and sleep. I've had mad cravings for apple treats (as in crisp, cobbler, pie, baked, etc)and for waffles. The early darkening evenings kick my outdoor walking in the shins, so it will be more indoor bike time for me. Maybe it's time to get that hula hoop that I've been promising myself.

In the realm of pretty Etsy clothes, I've found some beauties:

Doesn't this make you want to dance? The Rita Hayworth Vintage 1920s Pink Sequin Dance Costume!




Sadly, It has sold, but here's the window shopping info anyway:

Zwzzy!Get Cute in Vintage

" ♥ THE most beautiful sequined vintage tap dance costume!

♥ Lovely salmon pink in color. Black ruffle trim, and layer underneath!
♥ Industrial hook-eyes in the back!
♥ Comes with matching garters! Due to age, the ribbons are somewhat falling apart on them, mostly in the back."

So sorry, but I can't find the information on this one:




The Ultimate Goddess Gown 1915 Titanic Draped Grecian Silk Lace Dress Edwardian Antique Designer Mint condition from Vintage Glitterati

"A simply stunning and very hard to find Edwardian Pleated and draped Silk Crepe and Lace dress from the Edwardian Era. Beautiful and stunning in multiple floating layers of silk, with a corset interior, dripping lace front and back, and antique lace applique at bodice front. Low cut and svelte. This gown is a collector piece and is in fabulous condition...We added fluttering lace applique streamers."
 





1 comment:

  1. OH MY! I love that Goddess dress! It would be a fantasy come true to wear that some place. Thanks for sharing! Annmarie

    ReplyDelete