Monday, July 12, 2010

So, who am I anyway?




Hi, I'm Donell. You may have similar weight and fitness goals as I do. Here are some things about me that may be relevant. I'm 5' 2" tall with a long torso, long waist and short arms and legs. Small bones, muscular and plenty of fat. Described as an apple shape or hourglass by some systems. I tend to carry most of my weight in my tummy. I was very large breasted, but I had breast reduction surgery last April, and now I'm just reasonably big breasted.

I admit it, I love to eat. I have a wicked sweet tooth. I especially love cake or cute cupcakes. I'm a semi-vegetarian or pescetarian, that is, I no longer eat land animals or fowl, but I do eat seafood. This has been my diet for 15 years. My friends laugh at me because I'm a sort of vegetarian who doesn't love vegetables. Starch, though, I like. Pasta, rice, bread, potatoes. Yum.

I can honestly say that I do not eat very healthily. I eat a lot of processed food, in addition to other less than great feeding habits. I hope to change this. Exercise wise I'm...you guessed it...lazy. I like the way I feel when I'm doing a dance workout or yoga. I like the feeling when I'm finished working out on my exercise bike. But, it's hard for me to keep to a routine.


 In the last three weeks or so, I've lost nine pounds by eating better and execrcising. As of now I feel inspired, but I may join Weight Watchers if I need help. Currently, I've been eating a modest breakfast (yes, I'm a breakfast skipper), eating more fruit, going out to lunch less, drinking more water and no soda, and cutting way back on sugary snacks or desserts. I've also been riding the EB (exercise bike) six days a week. I'm currently at 40 minutes a day, 10 miles per workout.

So, anyway, I guess those are the basics. If you do happen to stumble upon this very new blog, introduce yourself! Can we inspire each other in our quest for fitness?


No comments:

Post a Comment