Thursday, March 17, 2011

Back Again

Hi!

I'm back. You may have guessed that I didn't reach my New Year's goal. In fact, I've gained 15 lbs back. However, I can still fit into the smaller size jeans that I bought then and I don't feel defeated, because these are lifestyle changes and I didn't fail a diet, right? I was eating better and exercising more than I did before I started this blog, so I think that is success.

I kept intending to blog anyway, but a few things have kept me away. For one, my workplace let us know that we shouldn't be blogging in the library, even on lunch or other breaks. Two more positive reasons are that I became a Master Gardener intern for my county and I've had a lot of studying to do, and also I've made it a personal project to learn about Russia. I've been reading many Russian folktales to begin. If you want to see what I'm doing, look at my blog Book Besotted Librarian.

I bought that little black dress that I was hoping to wear when I reached my first goal of 199 lbs. I got a good deal on it online around "Black Friday," every retailers favorite time of year (cough, cough). If I can squish into it, I will put some pictures up and hopefully we can all watch changes until it fits me perfectly.
I also want to show you the dress that I get to wear in my friends' upcoming wedding. They were very thoughtful of their bridesmaids and so we can wear tea length black dresses. They gave us a choice of five styles. The gowns are black taffeta and they are all strapless, but I had wide straps put on mine and I'm going to wear a black chiffon shawl with it. I am very pleased. At the final fitting yesterday, the dress zipped up fine, and I felt very glamorous.

It's nice to be writing again!

1 comment: